What an idea to make rissoles using tofu. Try to make this healthy meal with your family.
Momen tofu 200g
Chicken mince 100g
Long onion 1/6
Daikon radish 1/8
Green onion 1
Soy sauce 1 tablespoon
Japanese breadcrumbs 30g
Rice powder (or flour) 1 tablespoon
Sesame oil 1/2 tablespoon
Ponzu sauce Appropriate amount
Lettuce 2 pieces
Petit tomato 4
- 1 Place tofu on a heat resistant plate after covering it with paper towel, and heat for one minute with a 600W microwave. Chop long onions into small pieces. Peel the skin off daikon radish and grate it. Cut green onion into 7mm wide pieces with kitchen scissors. Tear lettuce into bite size with hands. Remove the stem of tomatoes.
- 2 Toss daikon radish and green onion together
- 3 Knead chicken mince and soy sauce in a bowl until it become pasty. Add the tofu, long onion, egg and breadcrumbs and mix together. Divide it into two, and make into oval shape pieces while compressing between hands to release excess air. Then coat the balls with rice powder gently.
- 4 Grease a fry pan with sesame oil and heat at medium heat. Grill the surface of the balls (3), cover the pan and roast them for 7 minutes.
- 5 Pour (2) onto the rissoles on a plate, with lettuce, petit tomatoes, and ponzu sauce. Pour the ponzu sauce over the steak before eating.